Thursday, February 16, 2006

Boston Marathon memory from '85 champion Lisa Rainsberger

Do you have a story or favorite moment/memory from running Boston?

Yes, I have many stories but perhaps the one memory that plays itself out most in my head is the stretch of racecourse through Wellesley College back in 1985. Back then the race course was not confined and so when I came running through Wellesley College the Women had formed a very narrow tunnel for me to run through and their cheers and screams were deafening. I ran with such emotion through Wellesley and I know that I wasted a lot of energy because I was riddled with goose bumps and I picked up my pace as a result of their cheering.

Thanks, Lisa.

Don't miss tomorrow's posting - a few words from 2004 Olympic Marathon silver medalist Meb Keflezighi.