Sunday, February 05, 2006

Top Americans to run Boston Marathon

Will an American win the Boston Marathon in '06?
Here's two runners to keep an eye on...

Two-time U.S. Olympian Alan Culpepper and 2004 Olympic silver medalist Meb Keflezighi will run in the 110th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 17, 2006.

This year's race marks the return to Boston for Culpepper who ran a 2:13:39 in '05 and finished as the top American and fourth overall.

"I had an incredible experience at last year's Boston Marathon, and I am excited to return in 2006," said Culpepper. "John Hancock, the event organizers, and the crowds provided the support and environment that inspired me to return for this year’s event. I learned a lot from my Boston debut and am looking forward to improve upon last year’s fourth place finish."

Keflezighi (Kef-lez-ghee), the runner-up at the 2004 ING NYC Marathon, will be running his first Boston.

"The Boston Marathon is internationally recognized and has a great tradition, and I know there will be high expectations for me," Meb Keflezighi said. "I always ‘run to win.’ It is the motto that I live by."

Learn more about Meb at runmeb.com.